Friday, April 3, 2015

Photos on Friday: Cherry Blossoms on the National Mall

I haven't been downtown yet, but am eagerly anticipating the full blooms of the lovely cherry blossoms. According to the National Park Service (NPS), peaks are still predicted to be from April 11 to April 14, 2015. NBC News reported the blossoms have reached phase 2 (out of 6) before peak.

Out here in Fairfax, we are seeing signs of spring, however, I have yet to see any cherry blossoms here. I do plan to head downtown to the Tidal Basin as I have for the past few years. It won't be long now! Here are some photos taken in years' past that are different than the other photos of cherry blossoms I've posted in various places on the web.


(other than cropping, these have no edits. All taken with my Sony Cybershot)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Your comment will be published soon (as long as you are not spamming or blatantly placing unrelated links). I appreciate your taking the time to view my page and leave a comment. Thanks for your patience.