Friday, November 4, 2016

Photos on Friday: National Museum of the American Indian

In honor of American Indian Heritage Month, I thought I'd post photos I'd taken at the National Museum of the American Indian in D.C. It's a beautiful museum located on the National Mall (near the Air & Space Museum and U.S. Capitol) and houses artifacts and history dating back tens of thousands of years right up until more recent times. 

Here are some photos I'd taken in 2015 and 2016 in some of the exhibits. If you are visiting, I highly recommend stopping in. There is an excellent, hands-on area for the kids (and fun for adults too!) and its restaurant is one of my favorites on the Mall.

Women's moccasins circa 1906

The photos I took of descriptions got a little mixed up, but (based on some of the photos I have), I think this piece was made around 850 AD. Either way, it's from an ancient time.

Ancient pottery - unfortunately I didn't catch the description in my photos


Seminole boy's shirt circa 1925

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Your comment will be published soon (as long as you are not spamming or blatantly placing unrelated links). I appreciate your taking the time to view my page and leave a comment. Thanks for your patience.