Friday, October 28, 2016

Photos on Friday: Fall foliage on Skyline Drive

For today's Photos on Friday, I'm going to post pics from our annual ride down Skyline Drive to see the beautiful fall foliage. We usually start off at Front Royal and see where the day takes us. This year we drove down to Swift Run Gap and exited on Route 33 which is a couple of miles past the 65-mile marker. 



The foliage was gorgeous! Temps were in the mid to upper 40s but the wind was mild, so it wasn't super cold. These are some photos I'd taken along the way. 

I took this one through the windshield. The early morning light was shining right on the dazzling colors of the leaves and I liked the way it looked so I snapped a pic.

Pulled over at an overlook to gaze upon the mountain ranges and the variety of color. Those shadows are from the clouds.

My eyes were drawn to the reds and yellows along the side of the road.

After entering at Front Royal, this spot is not too far down the drive. Usually, this section of the woods is all ablaze in yellow but I guess it was too early in the season for these this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Your comment will be published soon (as long as you are not spamming or blatantly placing unrelated links). I appreciate your taking the time to view my page and leave a comment. Thanks for your patience.