Friday, August 4, 2017

Photos on Friday: Scenes from the Occoquan River

Earlier this summer, in July, we visited Occoquan, a small town located in Northern Virginia, not too far from I-95. Yet, when visiting, you'd never know you were so close to the interstate. It's a quaint little town and sits on the Occoquan River, which is a tributary of the Potomac River. 

Occoquan's official website compares the town to "Main Street, USA", and I'd have to agree with that assessment.  There were a few shops open on that Friday evening but most were closed, along with a museum I'd love to pop into. The town is seeping with history and I want to learn more about it. 

I plan to go back and do a proper visit and will write a more detailed post at that time. For today's post, I wanted to share some scenes of the river. 



Footbridge across the Occoquan
Small waterfall on the other side of the footbridge
Partial shot of the boardwalk. Nightlife was hopping on that Friday evening.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Your comment will be published soon (as long as you are not spamming or blatantly placing unrelated links). I appreciate your taking the time to view my page and leave a comment. Thanks for your patience.