Friday, April 15, 2016

Photos on Friday: Big cats at the National Zoo

During spring break we spent a lot of time downtown exploring the museums, enjoying the cherry blossoms and took a few tours. One other outing was to the National Zoo. One of my favorite stops is to see the big cats. 

For today's Photos on Friday post I thought I'd share a few pictures I took that day. I didn't see the lion that day (I'm not sure how many live at the zoo, I've seen one in the past) and the tiger was asleep. A few of the lionesses were up and about. Others were snoozing.

National Zoo lion's den
Sometimes ya just gotta scratch that itch

National Zoo lion's den
Watching and waiting

National Zoo lions den
Dozing off

Snoozing away

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Your comment will be published soon (as long as you are not spamming or blatantly placing unrelated links). I appreciate your taking the time to view my page and leave a comment. Thanks for your patience.