Friday, October 23, 2015

Photos on Friday: Building The National Museum of African American History and Culture

Over the last year or two, I've taken a number of photos of the construction for the soon-to-be-opened National Museum of African American History and Culture. The newest of Smithsonian Museums, it is scheduled to open sometime in 2016.

Today's Photos on Friday post shares photos taken in 2015 during  Jan., May and Sept., highlighting different stages of the construction. (I could have sworn I had taken a few last year, but unfortunately can't seem to locate these right now, if I find them, I'll update).

Except for the first photo, these images are posted in the order they were taken during 2015.

(Update Jan. 17, 2016: I was just reading this morning the museum is scheduled to open in the fall)
Arial shot of The National Museum of African American History and Culture. This was taken when I on a Washington Monument tour from the top of the monument in Sept. 2015


Sign and walls visible in Jan. 2015
Jan. 2015

January 2015

This one was taken through a plexi-glass view which is why it looks a little blurry. This window was set up so passerby could view the construction. Taken May 2015
Getting close to finish! Taken Sept. 2015

Another view taken in Sept. 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Your comment will be published soon (as long as you are not spamming or blatantly placing unrelated links). I appreciate your taking the time to view my page and leave a comment. Thanks for your patience.