Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Family holiday fun in D.C.: ICE! 2014



Photo credit: dbking on Flickr taken in 2010

In mid-November the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center kicked off its annual ice extravaganza at the Marriott hotel at the National Harbor. 

Every year the center has its ice show, this year's theme is "Frosty the Snowman". Frosty wasn't brought to life with an old top hat. 

According to the official website, he  brought to life through careful sculpting of over 2 million pounds of ice.

This year also features a live carving zone where visitors can see the artisans, who hail from Northeast China, at work.

This is a pretty popular event and one I've always wanted to go to. Last year some of my family took a trip down to the National Harbor, but we were unable to accompany them. My family came back saying how beautiful it was and how much they loved it.  Hoping to be able to go myself this year. I was reading up on how it's all put together and it sounds spectacular. If I get down there, I'll be sure and post a review, along with some pics.

This year's prices vary depending on the day of your visit (peak vs. non-peak). Check the official website for more information. There are also some discounts available if you qualify.

The Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center is located at 201 Waterfront Street, National Harbor, Md. Just a hop, skip and a jump from downtown.

Photo credit: dbking on Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/bootbearwdc/4253873188/sizes/z/in/photostream/ taken in 2010

2 comments:

  1. I went to Ice at the Gaylord Opryland in Nashville and it is quite amazing. It is perfect for children and adults and they change the theme every year. Worth visiting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your feedback! Definitely sounds great. It looks like I won't make it this year, but definitely hope to plan better for next year.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! Your comment will be published soon (as long as you are not spamming or blatantly placing unrelated links). I appreciate your taking the time to view my page and leave a comment. Thanks for your patience.