Friday, November 21, 2014

Photos on Friday: Christmas at Mount Vernon

Over the last two weeks I've been posting events happening in the local area, including Christmas at Mount Vernon. For today's Photos on Friday I decided to share a few photos from previous years (usually I stop by at least once during each holiday season).

While the house itself is sparsely decorated as per 18th century authenticity, the visitor's center and other buildings are decorated much more elaborately.
Gingerbread houses on display. These were made by members of a STEM program at a local school

Close up of one of the Christmas trees at Mount Vernon

In 1787 George Washington paid to have a camel brought to his estate for the enjoyment of his guests. Every year Mount Vernon gets a visit from Aladdin, the Christmas Camel. He's very sociable and visitors love him!




4 comments:

  1. Next year it is Christmas at Mount Vernon!! Gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is another I think you'd love. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. This looks really neat! One of these days I'm going to make it back east and see some of these sites in person!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks M.J. for visiting! There are a lot of interesting things to see around here. I hate these temps we are having (I bet yours are much better :), but the events are a lot of fun.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! Your comment will be published soon (as long as you are not spamming or blatantly placing unrelated links). I appreciate your taking the time to view my page and leave a comment. Thanks for your patience.