Thursday, July 24, 2014

A Visit to Burnside Farms - Summer of Sunflowers in Haymarket, Va.

Last month I wrote about Burnside Farms' upcoming Summer of Sunflowers. The time has arrived. I was reading on their Facebook page this week would be a good one to stop by so made the trip out to Haymarket, Va.

Beautiful day out on the farm and the sunflowers were gorgeous! Lots of different varieties were in bloom and the bees were steadily at work (as an aside Burnside makes really good honey...)


Here are some photos taken today: 

Summer of Sunflowers Burnside Farms
One of the sunflower sections full of gorgeous color

Many bees were busy working during our visit

Summer of Sunflowers - Burnside Farms

I'm told there are still a good couple of weeks for blooming, so there's still time to stop by if in the area.
  • $3 for a single day Sun Pass
  • $4 for unlimited re-entry Sun Pass (kids under 2 years are free)
  •  Sunflowers are $1.50 per stem
Also, I was told to hold onto my Sun Pass and could get the $1 rate if I come back before the Summer of Sunflowers is over. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to get back out that way before the event was over, but is good to know if you think you might want to come back.

Burnside Farms is located at 4905 James Madison Hwy. Parking is easy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Your comment will be published soon (as long as you are not spamming or blatantly placing unrelated links). I appreciate your taking the time to view my page and leave a comment. Thanks for your patience.