Friday, January 6, 2017

Photos on Friday: ICE! at Gaylord National Resort 2016

For years I've been wanting to go see ICE! down at the Gaylord National Resort, but every year for one reason or another have been unable to go. 2016 was finally the year! We went the day after Christmas and got there around 11:30 a.m. Fortunately, we were able to get an entry time within the hour.

This year's theme at the National Harbor resort was "Christmas Around the World". Luckily we had dressed warmly, so between that and the parkas the resort hands out before going into the exhibit, which is just 9 degrees, for the most part we were OK (our faces were a little cold though!). Since the event is over, I'll do a fuller review next fall, but I did want to share some photos from 2016 now since it seems there is a different theme each year. This is only a small sampling of the sculptures to be seen at an ICE! show, but it does highlight the beautiful work and craftsmanship that goes into each carving. Photos are shown in order we saw each sculpture.









1 comment:

  1. I was at this place last week. This is such a joy as a place for food! I had a beautiful time at event venues. It reminded me of another center in the city. A beautiful, wonderful place that had excellent atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Your comment will be published soon (as long as you are not spamming or blatantly placing unrelated links). I appreciate your taking the time to view my page and leave a comment. Thanks for your patience.