Friday, June 5, 2015

Photos on Friday: Old Post Office at dusk

It's no secret, the Old Post Office is one of my favorite buildings in Washington. I just love its architecture and the views from the tower are spectacular. Usually, I only get to see (and previously go in) during the day, so it was a real treat recently to get to walk around the building and see it at night. 

The building is closed to the public as The Trump Organization continues to transform this beauty into a luxury hotel.

Of course, with the construction going on, the view was a bit different, however, nonetheless, the building is still beautiful. These photos do not do it justice. The first was taken a little earlier than the second, but it was actually darker outside than it appears in my photo.

[ More about this building and additional photos can be found in my previous post: A history of the Old Post Office Tower building ]




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Your comment will be published soon (as long as you are not spamming or blatantly placing unrelated links). I appreciate your taking the time to view my page and leave a comment. Thanks for your patience.